After a very successful 2013 event, the Cave Creek Pro Rodeo (CCPR) Committee announces their Board nominated 2013 charitable recipients. Over $7,000.00 has been distributed back into the community to the following organizations:
(from left to right, photo courtesy of Bryan Black Photographer)
- CCPR Director Robbie Hall presenting to Erin Robinson, 4-H Desert Hills Wranglers
- CCPR Arena Director Bill Buckles presenting to Pam DiPietro, Foothills Food Bank
- CCPR President Traci Casale presenting to Col. Sam Young (ret), Veterans Medical Leadership Council (with matching funds through the Wrangler National Patriot program)
- Scott Gara presenting to Liz Kaplan, AZ Chapter, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in memory of Lindsay Gara
- CCPR Director Beth Cornell presenting to Ed Carona, Outdoor Experience for All
- CCPR Director Tina Hayden presenting to Mary Hadsall, Camelot Therapeutic Horsemanship
- CCPR Director Patty Byerly presenting to local Boy Scout Troop #124
In addition to the above-mentioned charities, the CCPR Committee quickly raised over $1,000.00 by matching individual contributions to honor the 19 fallen Hot Shot firefighters who lost their lives in the Yarnell Hill fire.
“We are extremely proud to be in the position to give back to our community”, said Casale during the award ceremony. “To date, she continued, this is the largest contribution recorded by our Association and it truly reflects our membership’s spirit of volunteerism. Volunteerism is the basis for what we do every year in producing the Cave Creek Fiesta Days™ Rodeo. Volunteerism is the greatest thing you can do for your community and these donations bring us full circle in our mission.”
Bill Buckles commented on the fact that the Board of Directors worked hard to find local charities to support. “We like that we know who we are helping. This money stays in Arizona and helps Arizonans. We may not know them personally, but we probably know someone who does”, added Buckles.